In your teaching you will encounter lots of unintentional plagiarism. Here are some articles to help you figure out how to deal with them.
- Common Craft Video
- This is the one we watch in class to help introduce students to citations
- You Can’t Just Change a Few Words Video
- Also the one from class about altering the text without paraphrasing
- The Future of Plagiarism
- Fun read that really puts plagiarism into perspective
- Academic Integrity and Plagiarism: A Question of Education, Not Ethics
- Argument for educating students to avoid plagiarism, with very solid tips and rationales.
- Plagiarism Goes Social
- How students intentionally plagiarize today.
- Assignment Design for preventing plagiarism
- Short and to the point tips and ideas for preventing plagiarism through assignment design
- Swoozie Video on Cheating
- The one from class about the one honest kid and the two cheating kids
- How college classes encourage cheating
- Excellent article on the construction of a classroom that encourages cheating, drawing heavily on the notion of internal and external motivators.
- Cheating in College
- NPR Story (audio) on the use of the internet to cheat